Wednesday, June 25, 2014

HWY 1 and Abandoned Bunkers


Sundays seem to be my outdoor day, and of course with my busy schedule, I'm not complaining at all. This weekend's exploration has been on my bucket list for a while. While driving on the 1, I always drive by this interesting structure that seems precariously perched on the cliff side. Well, I finally stopped here on the way to the redwoods, and it turns out this structure is a Apparently this building is an old military bunker that was used for observation during WWII


Aside from the interesting abandoned structures along the 1, I was also very excited to see all of the coastal plants in bloom. It's been interesting to watch how the landscape changes throughout the year--right now there are bright patches of pinks, purples, and yellows scattered along the coastline, and it's so beautiful against the grey/white backdrop of the ocean.


Happy Summer! Stay tuned for next week's adventure: maybe Calistoga and petrified forests?! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...