Sunday, July 13, 2014

Revisiting the Marin Headlands // Battery Townsley // Hill 88


Nothing stays the same, but that's precisely why I love my surroundings. Some could call me a creature of habit, because I often visit the same spots I've frequented in the past. It's true, I have favorite spots, but I always experience something new. With new perspectives and interests, I find myself exploring different aspects of a place I thought I was familiar with. An example of this is Battery Townsley & Hill 88 in the Marin Headlands, where the first time I visited Hill 88 all of the buildings got a fresh new coat of paint. Last Sunday I went back to Hill 88 to find new art all over the walls.


Old bunkers on the way to Hill 88 
As we made our way towards Hill 88, I found myself getting really excited, wondering what I would see this time...
One year later since my first visit, and the walls were bare with a coat of paint.


Overcast days are good days to hike, although it was VERY humid. As the seasons change, new plants, mosses, and colors make appearances along the rocky cliff side. I'm especially tickled by these pink succulents growing along the rocks:
 These little succulents remind me of rosettes
Lime green lichen

We made our way back to the Back to the Gun-pit-turned-Newt-Pool, and departed from there. I plan on returning in the Wintertime, I'm eager to see the different plants, critters, and rock formations that may appear. 

~Toodles

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...