Monday, November 18, 2013

[Those Little Moments] The Ocean is my Life Force


I love the beach. I don't know if it's just my Piscean nature (and I kind of laugh at myself when I refer to my astrological sign) or just the sense of peace I get from the ocean, but whatever-- I love the ocean. There is something about watching the waves afar and at the shoreline that just centers me whenever I feel out of place, tense, or anxious. The water constantly moves, as should I.



I love walking along the shoreline where I can beach-comb, and see what washes up on shore. I am always in search of blue sea glass--my eyes just spot them and I get super excited because blue glass is a rarity.  Just from walking along the beach in search of the coveted blue sea glass, I realized something: everything you're looking for, whether it be questions or things, they already exist. You just have to place yourself in the situation and be ready. Hah, I get these moments of clarity when I'm alone in nature.

I've been pretty inactive on this blog lately. I recently started working full-time, and I need to make more time to stop at the beach and write. Yesterday I walked along the shore and it felt so refreshing to be outside, breathing fresh air, feeling the air against my face, and watching those gorgeous waves. The experience of being outside is so liberating for me, and I need to make more time to go outside. I'm starting to feel the energy being sucked out of me, my creative juices need to start flowing again! In addition to being outside, I want to paint more mushrooms. I need inspiration. This weekend I'm heading back to the redwoods to go mushroom spotting. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, hopefully mushrooms will come out and I'll have something to blog about.




Even as the rains are about to arrive, the beach is a beautiful place on an overcast day.

~Toodles

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...