Thursday, January 30, 2014

An update on my life...

I'm still here. This past month I've been job hunting, trying to finish the last of my thesis, and hike/forage for just about anything.

Good news: I am now employed! I found a wonderful nonprofit organization in the Bay Area, and I feel like it is such a great fit. I'm slowly adjusting to a full-time schedule, which is unlike the past couple of years as a student with a fairly flexible schedule.

Sort-of-OKAY-news: I have a feeling that the future blog posts here will be much shorter, of course there will be tons of photos from my trips, but much more abbreviated, I suppose. If you'd like a more current feed of my adventures, go to my instagram: @Terrariumtherapy

Anywho, here are some photos from my last trek to Glass Beach this year. Remember when I went last year? Well, last month I made it a point to return to Fort Bragg, and I spent HOURS beachcombing! It was wonderful, I tell ya! So many colors, so much history behind the broken glass and tableware that washes ashore...



SEA GLASS. SO MUCH SEA GLASS.
Post sorting...I love those blues and greens.

My favorites of the day: broken pottery, jadeite, milk glass, blue sea glass, and even an old apothecary bottle stopper!

In addition to beautiful sea glass, I also spotted some natural beauties on our way home...

Beautiful coastal succulents I found growing along a cliff...


And some interesting fungi...

More updates to come...I'm sort of backlogged right now, but I promise, this blog is not dead. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...