Sunday, July 20, 2014

Jellyfishing, Jellyfishing, JELLYFISHING!



Something cool washed up along Ocean Beach over the weekend! At first, I thought someone had littered the beach with blue plastic scrub brushes, and upon further inspection, I realized these little jellies came from the ocean! A reader informed me that this little creature here is a Velella, also known as a By-the-Wind Sailor Jellyfish.

These little jellies aren't that big either, they're about the size of an average sand dollar.



All dried up


I've never seen a blue jellyfish up close, especially along Ocean Beach. The ocean is full of surprises! I normally find washed up jellies along the beach, but I've never seen such a beautiful jelly up close! Seeing these beautiful gem is inspiring me to take more walks to the beach, and perhaps go *Jellyfishing* 
If I could, I would.
Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...