Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Sublet Sweet Sublet -- A peek inside my closet sanctuary

I've always loved forts, tents, and the like. That also includes converted crawlspaces, secret rooms, makeshift tents, and natural crawlspaces woven by vines and tree branches. It's been a little over 3 months since I've moved into my new space, and I took the liberty of converting half of my closet into a miniature sanctuary within a sanctuary. This is especially exciting as this is the first time I have a room to myself, and a door. I actually have a real room with walls and a door *squeeeee!* 

I love my new closet space, which I formally named the Cuddle Cubby. This is where I craft, read, write, and listen to music. While some small spaces totally freak me out, this space is mine--I created it, and it provides a sense of comfort. It almost feels like a security blanket--when I'm over the day, I have a place to retreat and be with my thoughts. It's incredibly therapeutic, because I'm often overwhelmed by my surroundings and lately I'm finding that I need a place to hide and recharge. I'm a homebody--and I am proud of it, because I have made this space my own. It is an extension of my personality, values, and hobbies. You can walk into my room and know that it belongs to me. My 'home' is basically a mix of a greenhouse, museum, and now, a room that I thought only existed in my dreams and on Pinterest. 

Pro-tip: String lights make any space dreamy.

Ahh, Sublet Sweet Sublet. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...