Tuesday, August 19, 2014

On the Road: The Pacific Northwest (Part I)

ROAD TRIP! 

Rodolfo and I (but basically Rodolfo) took a week-long trip to the Pacific Northwest. 
Driving isn't exactly the most relaxing activity, but I do enjoy the sights shifting landscapes. A lot of lush mountains. Here are some sights I caught along I-5...
As we passed Lake Shasta it became very apparent we are in a serious drought. The water levels have receded so much Lake Shasta is starting to resemble a giant rain puddle more than a lake. Mount Shasta had a small streak of snow, but I've seen that mountain covered in snow during hot summers in the early 2000s. 
    
As we crossed state lines, I saw gradual changes in the scenery. Beautiful, bright shades of green and tall, majestic trees. These pictures don't do the scenery justice, I totally recommend that you see it for yourselves. 

Portland is so...lush. I love Forest Park, I look forward to exploring it more next year. Lots of tall trees, beautiful ferns, and animals.

I got this pretty terrarium ring and it fits right into the landscape! *heart eyes*

First mushroom sighting in Oregon!

Next stop(s): Seattle and Olympic National Forest!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...